The following rooms may be reserved: Great Room, Dining Niche, Kitchen, Living Room, Music Room, Multipurpose Room, Kid's room and Porch. (Hobby Rooms will be handled separately)
We will use a public Google Calendar that can be viewed by members without additional login on a mosaic-commons members web page. Users of Google Calendar can also view it on Google Calendar.
People and teams can add events directly to the calendar. Event titles will include the abbreviation for the room(s) in which they are held, the name of the member sponsor, and whether the event is open. People are encouraged to post information about their events in the common house as well, especially for large events.
The Kitchen, Dining Niche, and Great Room are "taken" during all Common Meals and General Meetings. People that wish to meet privately over dinner should reserve the Living Room. The Kids Room may not be reserved during Common Meals or General Meetings without community approval.
Events may be private or open to members and guests. They may or may not require RSVP. This information should be clearly posted in the calendar listing.
You must check before reserving the Kitchen, if it's during a time when early prep for a common meal might be happening. People reserving the Kitchen must check in with a ServSafe-certified member before their event.
We are open to other cohousing groups using our space. This will be coordinated by a member volunteer.
If you want to reserve most or all of the Common House, notify the community as soon as possible, and allow at least a week for feedback and objections.
All events, run by a member or non-member, must have a member sponsor. That sponsor will be responsible for insuring that kitchen, food, and other common facilities policies are followed and that the space is cleaned appropriately after the event, and will be available during the event for any questions or problems. Spaces should be left in at least as good condition as they were found in.
If you’d like to have a guest stay in one of our hobby rooms, please use the process below:
1. Add your name, your guest’s name and which hobby room (East or West) you would like to reserve, directly to the Google Calendar (be sure to select “hobby room calendar” and not add it just to your own personal calendar). Please select a check in and check out time instead of checking the “all day” box, so that others have the opportunity to use the room before/after your guest has checked in or out. Please do not change the colors of entries made to Mosaic shared calendars. Most of us discern which calendar an entry is made in by color. If you would like to book more than 5 nights in a row, please contact our concierge, Bonnie, before you put it on Google Calendar as this may have to be run by the community for decision. Or you can contact her directly, preferably by email at email@example.com or by calling 508-259-9019 and I will set up the reservation for you.
If you would like to access the hobby room shared calendar or any of the Mosaic Commons shared calendars using their own calendar application (rather than from the terminal in the Common House hub), please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, providing a list of calendars you would like to access and the account (email address) you will be using to access the calendars. Mary will follow up by granting access from that account.
2. The owner that signs up for the guest room is the “host” and is responsible for setting up clean linens and towels beforehand. Rooms will be left unlocked when not in use by a guest. Hosts who would like their guests to have extra keys can get them from me. Guests staying more than one night “own” the room during their stay.
3. Kindly inform your guest to refrain from using loud voices, smoking (of any kind) and using scented products. There is a reminder sign in each hobby room.
4. Turnover between guests should be negotiated between hosts, with noon out and 3pm in as a starting point. Hosts are responsible for stripping the bed, washing the sheets, bed covers and towels and returning them back to the hobby room after their guest leaves. Rooms should be left with the appropriate cover for the bed/futon/couch.
5. Each household gets 5 free guest room nights per calendar year. Anything over that is charged at $10 a night. Please remit your payment in the form of a check along with your name, your guest’s name and which room they stayed in to Diana. If you prefer, Diana can add it to your statement and you can pay by check or PayPal. Just let her know.
6. We are open to other cohousers and cohousing groups using our space. Visits will be coordinated by Bonnie, Catya, or another volunteer, with a $20/night suggested donation.
If you have any questions, comments or suggestions, please feel free to contact Bonnie
This covers reservations of Hobby Rooms. For other Common House room reservations, click here.
This system will be revisited at a General Meeting in May 2009. It may be brought to Coordinating as an agenda item earlier if needed. We will allow reservations on this system through June 30, 2009.
There will be a Concierge responsible for keys, tracking of usage, coordinating longer stays, turnovers, and donations.
We will use a public google calendar that can be viewed by members without additional login on a mosaic-commons members web page. Users of google calendar can also view it on google calendar.
People and teams can submit reservations to the Concierge, or add them directly to the calendar. Reservation titles will include the abbreviation for the room reserved.
The owner that signs up for the guest room is the "host" and responsible for setting up clean linens and towels before hand, and for stripping the bed and washing the sheets, bed covers and towels after the guest
leaves. Rooms should be left with the appropriate cover for the bed/futon/couch
We are open to other cohousers and cohousing groups using our space. Visits will be coordinated by the Concierge or another volunteer, with a $20/night suggested donation.
Each cohousing member household gets 5 free guest room nights a year and anything over that is a $10 night suggested donation. Non-members and their guests, and visitors from other cohousing communities, are asked for a $20 per night contribution.
No one can sign up for more than 5 days in a row without the consent of the Concierge, who may bring it to the community for decision.
Guests staying more than one night 'own' the room during their whole stay.
Turnover between guests should be negotiated between hosts, with noon out and 3pm in as a starting point.
We will not restrict when reservations can be made for specific Holiday/busy times for 2013-2015, and may revisit it after that point if needed.
Rooms will be left unlocked when not in use by a guest. Keys hang in the rooms by the door. Contact the concierge for additional keys.