Beezy, San, Cat H, Mariama, Judy, Sophie
Email the team
1. The Landscaping Team is a standing team responsible for common landscaping. This team is under the "Dirt" umbrella along with the Garden Team and Fruit Team and coordinates with those teams around land-use at Mosaic Commons.
* Develop long-term plans for land-use, in conjunction with other Dirt Teams and the community as a whole.
* Maintain plantings in all common landscaping areas, with community help.
** Per the HOA Declaration of Trust, all plantings are managed with "biorational" methods; specifics are determined by the Landscaping Team
* Organize programs for community members to help with ongoing, regular care of plantings, such as "adopt-a-tree."
* Manage grass and meadow areas
* Determine which areas will be mowed, in conjunction with the Mowing Team (which does the mowing).
* Tools and Equipment:
** Determine where all tools and equipment for landscaping, gardening, and mowing are kept.
** Care for the tools and equipment, with the help of BnG.
** Acquire new tools and equipment, in consultation with other Dirt teams
* Purchase mulch and loam in bulk, for use on both common and household landscaping.
Areas covered by the Landscaping Team:
* All of Mosaic property except front, side or back yards planted by homeowners.
Areas NOT under the Landscaping Team's purview:
* Plantings made by individual residents in common landscaping areas; responsibility for these rests with those who planted them.
* Areas that fall under Sawyer Hill control:
** Maintenance of stormwater control features such as detention ponds, the swale and berm, and the land around them.
** Upkeep of the conservation land.
* General pest control, such as beetles in household gardens, mosquitoes, or wasps.
The Landscaping Team will create and maintain a map that shows which land areas and plantings are covered by the team and which are not.
2. Members are chosen by self-selection and are re-affirmed yearly.
3. Team decisions are made by consensus or by another method consensed on within the team.
4. The Landscaping team has an annual budget, determined as part of the MC budget process. The Landscaping team may transfer money between its budget and that of the Garden team or Fruit team, if members of both teams agree to the transfer.
5. The team will issue reports to the plenary at least twice a year about the tasks and projects which were accomplished over the past 6 months and about upcoming plans.
6. The Landscaping team works in conjunction with other teams:
* the Garden Team and Fruit Team re land use, tools and equipment, and other shared areas of interest.
* the Mowing Team about which areas to mow .
* Sawyer Hill Trustees re any planting that the Team undertakes on Sawyer Hill property:
** Such planting must be approved of by the SH Trustees.
** Maintenance of that planting needs to be mutually agreed upon, so the responsibilities are clear.
7. Power Levels
* The Landscaping Team has Power level 3 (may post a tentative decision) for:
** making a significant variation from the land-use plan;
** deciding which field areas should be lawn grass and which should be meadow or other plantings.
** For these decisions, the team will post proposed changes for community input for a minimum of two weeks.
* The team will consult with nearby unit owners for new plantings that are within 50' of the building and are not part of the land-use plan.
* The team can make independent decisions (Power level 4) about:
** changing or adapting existing community landscaping areas;
** carrying out the community land-use plan;
** spending money up to the limit of the team's annual budget;
** all other team-related tasks.
* Community members must get permission from Landscaping to:
** Place new plantings in common landscaping areas (as defined by the map referenced in #1);
*** Maintenance of such plantings need to be mutually agreed upon
** Add supplies, tools or equipment to Landscaping storage areas.
8. The Landscaping team accepts input from people not on the team by email, personal contact, filling out posted surveys, etc. The team can establish a deadline for input on an issue.
9. Any community member can be on the Landscaping email list, but only those self-declared Landscaping members can participate in team decisions.