See also: Using the Common House
The Mosaic Commons Common House is the center of our neighborhood, both physically and socially. It's the place where the community comes together -- for shared meals, for games and entertainment, for meetings, for parties, for hobbies and activities.
Our Common House has
- A great room for (optional) shared meals and large events
- A smaller dining room, we call the niche, for more private meals, or expansion space on the great room
- A large commercial-quality kitchen with mixed-height work surfaces, gas ranges, two ovens and refrigerators, and commercial dishwasher
- A kid's playroom with its own bathroom and exit to the outdoors
- A multi-purpose room with ping-pong, games and crafts
- A well equipped exercise room
- A living room for smaller gatherings and casual socializing
- A music room
- Shared laundry facilities (in addition to laundry hookups in every home)
- An herb garden off the kitchen (in addition to a large shared organic garden nearby)
- A large shaded front porch with tables and chairs
- Smaller rooms for hobbies, smaller meetings, etc.
- Mail boxes and coat room
- Handicapped accessible bathroom with a roll-in shower
- A outdoor hot tub
- A paved courtyard for outdoor events
- Wireless Internet service
- A gas fueled fireplace
- Energy efficient heating and cooling (heat pump)
- Super insulated and low-toxicity, just like all our individual homes
All residents have full use of the common house. It's like having extra rooms on your house that happen to not be attached.