How to Speak "INFJ"
- Give them plenty of time to consider your idea or proposal in-depth before expecting feedback or discussion.
- Present the idea in terms of your vision -- the big picture, and how it may fit into their larger personal or organizational goals, rather than focusing on the specifics and details.
- Discuss the benefits it will have on people -- especially how it will positively affect them in the future as well as in the present.
- Especially with regard to problem-solving, solicit their ideas, appeal to their creativity, and talk about possibilities.
- Be patient with what might be long, complicated explanations; don't hesitate to take your time carefully considering their proposals -- they like to do the same.
- If relevant, provide information regarding the timing of the implementation of the plan; be sure to meet all agreed-upon deadlines, and honor your commitments.
from The Art of SpeedReading People, Tieger & Barron-Tieger
INFJs are intuitive, caring, quiet and peace-loving: deep and complex people who may seem equally at home dealing with the personal and analytical spheres of life. The interior world of vision and ideas is this type's most comfortable domain, but some degree of human connection is essential for the INFJ's happiness; a potential conflict for this type. Articulate, empathetic and idealistic, INFJs often say they just know things, they know them directly, and they may not be able to tell you how or why! INFJs seem to be able to feel others' feelings vicariously and sense the good and evil in situations: an almost psychic ability which may be an asset in many "people professions." Spiritual, sensitive and committed, INFJs enjoy being of service to others. Once this type's goals are set and the mind is made up, no argument based solely on reason and practicality is likely to divert the passionate INFJ from a mission or chosen project. Whether this characteristic manifests itself as admirable tenacity or bull-headed stubbornness may determine the individual INFJ's potential for life success.
from The Personality Page