1. The accessibility team is responsible for educating, discussing, researching, and improving accessibility in our community at present and in the future. Our goal is to propose ideas for residents and guests to be fully integrated into community life, and to have safe access to the public areas of Mosaic Commons Cohousing and, if possible, access to homes.
2. Members are chosen by self-selection. They need to let the team know if they want to be part of the decision making process. New members and lurkers are welcome.
3. Team decisions are made by a process noted in the addendum.
4. This team may request its own budget at regular budgeting time, or may ask for money from the appropriate team for the relevant changes proposed.
5. The team will report to the plenary when we are working on significant projects and when projects are completed.
6. The Team will work in conjunction with all relevant teams such as Common House room teams, and trustees as needed.
7. The Accessibility Team has power level 3 to ensure that Mosaic will always have a number of designated accessible parking spaces equal to the number of residents who have a handicapped placard, or otherwise need an accessible space, plus one space near the common house. (See Addendum A)
8. The team has Power Level 4 to make changes that improve accessibility without significantly altering community space. For projects where another team has authority over the space, the two teams will work together and have power level 4.
9. If a proposed change requires more money than our budget, the budget of the connected team, or the discretionary fund allows, the team has power level 2. We will work with related teams, develop a proposal, and get plenary approval.
10. The accessibility team will accept input from people not on the team by email, personal contact, filling out an appropriate form, survey, etc. The Team can establish a date by which input into a decision is closed. Email is email@example.com.
A. If a person needs an accessible space the team will temporarily mark a spot that person can use right away. The team will notify the community to determine if there is any disagreements with that choice.
B. Team decisions are made by at least half of the team saying yes and no one saying no.